Sleep Dentistry 101
Featuring Dr. Steven Danney
Basics of Sleep, Sleep Medicine and Sleep Disorders
- The Role of the Dentist in Sleep Medicine
- Identify the signs and symptoms for Sleep Disordered Breathing
- Testing: PSG and HST; Make the right sleep testing decisions
- Management of Airway and Breathing Disorders (SRBD)
- Oral Appliances for Airway and Breathing Disorders (SRBD)
- The Jaw/Bite Registration for Construction of an Oral Appliance
- Sleep Bruxism: The Entry Point for the Dentist
- The Role of 3D Imaging in Airway and Breathing Disorders
- Understand the basics of Medical Billing
Dr. Steven Danney
About the Speaker
Dr. Steven Danney has been practicing dentistry for over 40 years. When he was diagnosed with moderate obstructive sleep apnea several years ago he made it his mission to better understand the condition and possible treatments. His sleeping disorder was not only affecting his general overall well being but it was also disturbing his wife and her ability to get restorative sleep as well. He was prescribed to use a CPAP machine to alleviate his condition. He was unable to use it. Upon discovering that there were other treatment options available to treat his condition, he immersed himself in learning as much as he could to help others, like himself, suffering from sleep disorders. In just the past few years, he has attended over 600 hours of continuing education dedicated to treating patients with sleeping disorders.
He has achieved Diplomate Status and Qualified Dentist Status with the American Board of Dental Sleep Medicine(ABDSM) and the American Academy of Dental Sleep Medicine (AADSM). He is a graduate of the inaugural class of the American Academy of Dental Sleep Medicine (AADSM) Mastery Program. He is a regular attendee at Scripps Green Hospital for weekly conferences with sleep physicians, sleep psychiatrists and psychologists, sleep neurologists, sleep pulmonologists, and sleep dentists to discuss cases involving sleeping disorders. Additionally, he attends the annual conferences of the American Academy of Dental Sleep Medicine and quarterly conferences at the Veterans Hospital La Jolla which are focused entirely on sleeping disorders. He realizes that sleep disorders are not a “one size fits all” condition with a single treatment approach and his mission is to try to guide his patients to receive the best professional help and treatment available.
Dr. Steven Danney is a Diplomate and Qualified Dentist of the American Board of Dental Sleep Medicine (ABDSM) and the American Academy of Dental Sleep Medicine (AADSM). Our mission is to guide our patients to receiving appropriate treatment for their sleep condition and to assist sleep and primary care physicians by providing an alternative treatment protocol to CPAP where indicated.
- This course is free for OCDS dentist members ONLY (not office staff)
- Membership is being verified.
- All registrants will receive a personalized webinar link.
- If you do not receive a webinar link 3 days before the class, please call the OCDS office.
- This course will not be recorded.
Please do not share your webinar link with anyone. Each link is unique to the registered attendee’s email and is required for attendance tracking. You must view the webinar on separate computers. Otherwise, your attendance will not be recorded and a CE certificate cannot be given.